- Ohio's transportation assets include:
- The fourth largest interstate highway system in the nation, with nearly 7,000 lane miles and the fifth highest average daily vehicle miles traveled.
- Eight commercial and cargo airports and 97 general aviation airports.
- Eight commercial ports on Lake Erie and multiple terminals along the Ohio River including the only Great Lakes port with access to Europe.
- Thirteen intermodal railroad terminals (second highest in the nation), connected by the fourth largest network of railroads.
- Since 2011, ODOT has invested $14.0 billion into nearly 7,000 infrastructure projects, with $2.3 billion and over 1,000 projects in 2017 alone.